BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Saturday, January 01, 2005

two thousand and five mirror images

I survived the holiday scramble. And now have returned to my little blog...that I have neglected for a while now because theres no internet where I've been. Hah. No, really. Anyway, my Christmas was good. The family was cheerful and thankfully saved the drama until after dinner and presents were opened, but all seems to be ok there for all intensive purposes (as long as they leave the Barnes out I'm fine, and they can peck and scratch to the end amongst themselves). I'm sure we all have that from time to time. Sadly. It's just too bad that some people are so so SO incredibly petty. Nuf said.
Last night, new years eve, we were at Waynes and had a big crowd of people and everyone was happy and drunk and we all hugged and kissed and cheered in the new year. So it was a great time for all of us.
Waynes friends Craig and Ashlee are up and I just returned from eating with them at the Indian Resturant...a new development in Columbus that we hope lasts but theres a curse or something here that keeps anything different or cultural out (besides the chinese buffets, because they're everywhere, and I dont consider them cultural at all, do people really think they eat like Americans in the east? gimme a break).
Anyway, the curse is called old money and tradition. I think George Bush would love it here. When we moved here from Woodruff it was like jumping from the frying pan into the fire, but at least we're out of the pan, thank God. And once in the fire you can crawl out easily, so I'm enjoying myself in Atlanta.
Speaking of...I was talking to Kev last night about how much I love where I live. There are a lot of places that I would like to spend some time in, like Savannah and areas of north Georgia...but in Atl we're within and hour of anything. And that, my friends, is cool runnings.
Hokay...so, anyway. My new year is off to a great start so far. The weekend is almost over, which means Monday is closer, and Monday one of my favorite people in the world is flying into Hartsfield International Airport around 6pm. Yay :) I'm wondering if I can convince him to go see The Fockers with me. Hah. God I've waited SO LONG for the movie to come out. At last, it is with us.
I hope everyone had a happy 2005, and I hope everyone drank a lot and has as bad a headache as I do right now. Mwahahah.
Peace-