BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Thursday, January 13, 2005

LIVESTRONG

hello hello hello, this is your chaplain speaking, the time is now one twenty two pm on a blustery thursday afternoon--praise the Lord.

I have been a negligent blogger. Hmmm....so sorry. A brief recap of events. Sunday night I snuck to Warm Springs under the alias of Dr.Girlfriend but secretly enjoyed it as a calm before the Monday morning storm. I also balanced my checkbook...one of those threetimesayear things. Monday being the first day of Spring classes, I realize I have officially been at GSU for nearly a year and a half now...ta da.

And presently the wind is about to blow some of the GSU flags off their...flag holding things. The term has escaped me.

Tuesday night I was informed that our house (my apt) had been burglarized sometime that day. Fortunately the intruders didn't think to come in the very open (then) windows of the dungeon (my apt. hah). And typically the house would be a disappointment for anyone who wasn't interested in stealing junk or books (books being a treasure to me...one mans junk....) but Jean sadly left her door unlocked, and her room was ransacked. I hear from Peter (our newest "visiting" house member) that her room was pretty messy anyway, and they can only determine missing her camera and a coin bucket so far. We think it was neighborhood kids. I spent yesterday morning burglar-proofing my apt with PVC pipes to wedge in the windows that don't have locks. Brilliant! The last time I tried cutting one of those pipes (there were a bunch of them stashed in my closet for some reason or another)Rob and I used a saw I stole from our Woodruff house...this time, however, I wised up and used the pressing iron. The pressing iron! Brilliant!
Hah.

Yesterday was a very nasty day for me. I had a perpetual headache that by the end of the day (after medicine and water continued to fail me as remedies) was beginning to feel more like some sort of illness. I actually think it was comparable to mild poisoning. You know, like food poisoning, but without upset stomach. Tho the necessity of finding an escape route to vomit did cross my mind a few times. Then I started thinking it was a migraine...but I haven't had one of those in so long I thought it wasn't really possible. Anyway, I was trying to make it through for my 4:30pm class. So around 3:45 I staggered into the dark classroom in hopes of putting my head down for a few mins before someone barged in an threw on the lights. One guy came in to use the computer, but he left the lights off and didn't' say anything, which was nice. Then the cleaning lady came in but she said she'd rather leave the lights off too, bless her. Then two snobby men came in and sat down and turned on the lights and the cleaning lady yelled at them and one of the guys said "well you can't clean very well in the dark can you?" and she said "find a piece of paper on the floor over there and then ask me that question again"....cunning.
Anyway, the lights stayed on, the cleaning lady fussed for a few more mins and then left, and more students started trickling in. I began noticing they were not your typical behavioral science students. Some were even wearing suits. I grew increasingly suspicious (was I really in the wrong class? the last time I did this I was a sophomore at a new school? I KNOW where I am this time...what's the dealio?) so I took out my schedule and rechecked "Forensic Social Work GCB 629 4:30pm-7pm"....I was in the right place, it was 4:30ish, maybe there was a class change. I waited for the instructor. When he walked in I knew something was amiss. Picture a 1980s car salesman. Probably about 45-47yrs old, tall, a tad overweight, scruffy dark blonde hair, rose colored (aviatorstyle) glasses, a striped short sleeve button up and pleated & cuffed dark kahki pants. You know the kind. It was all wrong. Sociology profs wear jeans. Well, at least if they're under 50. So I leaned over and asked the girl to my left what she was there for...."Real Estate 8330"...."ah" said I. So after a moment of contemplation of what to do...I excused myself from the classroom. The prof followed me out the door and asked if I was sure I wanted to leave and I said I was in the wrong class, my schedule must have changed. So I staggered (still in quite a substantial amount of pain) to the bookstore because there were a few chapters I needed to read before my books come in the mail, and on my way to Marta from the bookstore I saw Jiggy James sitting on a wall outside the student center. He saw me too, but then I was intercepted by a man selling books on how to do Yoga "uhhhhh....no" said I, and continued to my fellow aspiring psychologist. So I conversed with Jiggy and waved at his grandma when she came to give him money for parking.
News of the century. Jiggy says his new girlfriend hates me. What a shocker. This is always a humorous phenomena to me because many of these women hate me without ever meeting or knowing me. This is also why it takes about 3 fingers to count how many female friends I have. Real friends, I mean. I dont know whether I should feel bad or good. On one hand its a real inconvenience to have to feel like theres a chance some psycho bitch is going to attack me from behind for no reason (oh wait, no, because I am a seasoned friend of the guy she JUST met) and then that mild feeling of flattery, because I have such an influence on these peoples lives...I mean, they've literally handed me the power. Just call me She-Ra. Jealousy is such a waste of time. Really. To all the ladies, if you dont trust him, leave him! (same goes for guys) So the whole time we were sitting outside (after I found out she was a GSU student) I would occasionally say "oh god is that her!" and James would jump up...and then later I'd say "oh god, she's not into athletics is she?"...hah...really I said something every time a blonde walked by. And he freaked every time. So I used his reaction to illustrate how he is getting himself into another bad relationship. Getting it on with a psychobitch just aint cool yo. Even worse is that I invited him to the Social Neuroscience lab to see if wonderful professor Vanman would give him a spot, and James got it, so he got his research practicum, and consequently we're working together in the lab all semester. I bet she's thrilled about that.
ANywho.
While I was sitting there making Jigs freak about every girl who passed by, I looked up my schedule online and noticed my 4:30 pm is on Thursdays, not Wednesdays. So there you have it.
Then I went home and went to bed. Woke up around 9 and read two chapters in my Holocaust book. Drank some H2O, and went back to bed. This morning I felt better. I even played music while I was getting ready and then I took some vitamins. At 7:30 I still had a headache, but it was gone by the time I got to school. Met Christyna for lunch and talked about her Sexual Identity class (in which the text is titled "Queer Studies"...awesome) and talked about why people order Caesar salad with dressing OTHER than Caesar, and how that kindof defeats the purpose...because the guy at the counter said "what kind of dressing"...and I kindof gave him this "what kind of dressing do you USUALLY use on Caesar salad?" look...haha...we laughed...but I get it. Some people want romaine lettuce and croutons and parmesan but no anchovy and egg dressing, right? Ok. but then it's not a caesar salad. just so you know.

So today has been good. Tomorrow is Friday. I have a meeting at 10:30, and then I'm going to a seminar with Christyna at 1pm. Then I'll be waiting to see if any ONE (one who must be rebelling against email these days, but who used to give it pretty frequently and was GOOD at it, I might add-which I'm naturally a little disappointed about-but, no worries) feels up to a weekend of skiing, and if so, we'll head to SC tomorrow evening. Jo and Karlie will be coming up Saturday, and Sunday we'll be in Boone, NC. Hopefully.

Thats the plan. But as we all know, especially if its happening in the life of me, plans rarely follow through. So if everything goes as planned, it's an official sign of the apocalypse (god told me so) and everyone can proceed to having apocalyptic sex (because, I mean...what would Lance do?) Quick! Everyone! Consult your bracelets!

Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day...in case anyone forgot why they dont have to go to work/school. And, as has been drilled into our little studious heads all week:
"Have a day-on, not a day-off"

peace-