BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

do vikings even talk?

...compliments of last nights conversation...I promised I would use it as my blog title...because I was the dodo-head that said it and Kevin systematically keeps count of things I say that are a little, how you say, blonde, and it made "the list". Well, you see, I was trying to talk like a viking, and had initially mistaken their utterances with those of pirates and said "arrrgh!" and was quickly corrected, so then I said "uh...thor!" because thats the only viking sounding word I know and the only reason I know it is because one time on Duck Tails (ohwoohoo)Adventures they were captured by vikings and that's the only sound they made I can remember...actually they spoke English...naturally...but it all sounded like "thor" to me...so I, in a fit of desparation b/c i didn't know how to imitate a viking, said "(sigh) I dont know how to talk viking...Do vikings even talk?"

oh yes yes i pick up on the self-centered connotations of that statement. it's ok, for anyone who is turning red and swelling with anger, relax, it's all in jest. I know vikings talk. How do you think they figured out how to raid all those villages? (actually I think they probably could with just grunts and nods, and the image of it is really funny)

this morning one of my professors made a comment about how he was watching Dr.Phil. (which spurred laughter before he even got to the point) and for all who read this who dont already know Dr. Phil is a pathetic schmuck, well, I'm sorry for you. He's like the McDonalds 99cent menu of psychological fast food. You can become addicted to it, but is about as bad as it gets as far as health goes. And I will be the first to admit once you see it you feel this incredible urge to sit and partake. Dont let it happen to you. Unless you watch it to make fun of him....that's just fine, and funny! Anyway, last night Bill Cosby was on. I didn't see it, thankfully. But in class it started a conversation about Dr. Huxtible and the distorted view of "see, black people CAN get ahead and be happy, theres no problem" because in reality, theres a big ole gap we like to ignore, and shows like The Cosby Show help us with that illusion- anyway, I like Bill Cosby. I got nothin but love--but the idea of him being on the Dr Phil show. Well, I dont really want to know, bless his heart, so I gave up imagining why.

hell, I forgot where I was going with that one-sided conversation,
and I'm running out of free time...must depart. Sad isn't it?

ciao-