BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Tripletallmochaforrachel

"they're both out for the season. Finn with an ankle, and J with a groin"

...that's what I caught of the last of a sports news update on my way to the marta station from starbucks. I thought it was funny. I laughed and the guy behind me must've thought that was just too much energy for me to be expelling while sitting at a redlight and he got over next to me in the other lane, I think I actually sensed his irritation. And when the light turned green he ZOOMED ahead....to the next red light. So, you know, he beat me there and I lost (for anyone who didn't already know that it really is a race--personally I can't consider myself a participant b/c I drive a fuel efficient vehicle, but it's not efficient enough for me to blow a $2 gallon of petro to try to boost my ego in 100yds...it would take more like, you know...well, I dont know, but more) But seriously I do wish I carried treats in my car because I really think people should get SOME sort of acknowlegment when they make such an accomplishment-

Oh yea, this morning I was leaving(to go to starbucks) and I was saying bye to my feline roommate Plato. I said "bye bye Plato! hold down the fort, meow meow" And she sat down and kindof shot me this "god I hate your honkey accent when you try to talk cat" So I said "well, deal with it, I'm just trying to get along"
I could have said something mean, like I could have said something about how she drools all the time and no other cat does that for no reason so she must be a reject...but I didn't.

I can tell this is the beginning of a great friendship.

Ok. So it's Thursday afternoon and I need to get out from in front of this computer.

toot ta-loo