BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Thursday, December 09, 2004

deep and shallow

Today...I'm in a downright foul mood.

Wow, that fragment almost looks as perturbed as I have been for the past few hours. I needed to vent, and bless this blog, now I can drag you all down with me! MWAHAHAHAHA
hehe.
to start things off, this morning I drove back into Atl from SC. Where I was return-delivering a laptop to Lee. Carrie and I ate dinner and had drinks last night and all was good. Until this morning, actually this morning was even good, we got up early and made pancakes and I left by 7:30. By then it was raining. But that's cool, b/c we need rain. Finally in Atl I stopped at Starbucks to get (more) coffee. And had the genius idea that I'd try out my new wireless internet while there. Turns out you have to pay $30 a month to their provider, TMobile to log in at any starbucks,or any of those coffee serving bookstore chains. Do people really do that? or is there a catch I'm just missing. So there began my irritation, still mild. The rain didn't help anything, but all was relatively ok. I went to my apt to "touchbase" and change clothes and as I was inside it started to rain harder. So then I'm remembering the other day this week that it rained, and how incredibly wet I was all day long from it. Erbegan the discouraging feeling. Is the last day of classes really worth it? AGH. I guessed so, and I skipped to the car and headed to East Lake marta station. On the way, a train was stopped on the tracks (naturally) so without missing a beat i did a u and took a detour. And HERE began the incredibly annoyed Rachel syndrome. This is what makes me ill...but just for days like today, when it's applicable.
I get in my car in a downpour, have to detour on inundated backroads, where the puddles you cannot avoid slowly but surely mess up the alignment of your car...when you dont get that fixed, your tires wear and warp, then you deal with a loud "woh woh" noise until you buy yourself a new set of tires, theres an easy $300 out the friggin window, yipee. Then do that every two years beccause you live in town and cant help that it rains and the city has horrible drainage problems. Anyway, then I get to the station, get out, get wet despite the umbrella b/c the wind is blowing rain everywhere, and head toward the train stop. ALL TO GET TO SCHOOL AND SIT IN CLASS FOR 50 MINS. hardly worth the trouble.But I do it anyway, so 15mins later I get off the train at GSU, and begin the 2block walk to the GCBldg, still in the multi-directional rain. And then I join a few others at a corner, we're waiting for the light to change. Now, of course we're ON the sidewalk, can't deny THAT...I mean, we're not not THAT close to the street, but we're not, you know, in the bloody GRASS on the other side either. And an incredibly oblivious driver driving too fast and too close to the bloody sidewalk, goes whizzing by, and ensures that just in case we hadn't gotten damp YET, that we then certainly would be for the next 5hrs. You know the scene...it happens all the time on TV. And Students here practically fight for the area furthest from the road to avoid those idiot urban speeders who dont give a poop that it's raining and there are obviously huge rivers along the sides of the road. I mean, I can understand it on occasion. But today just wasn't the day to do it to me. And they should have known.
So I muttered something equally as foul as my mood, loud enough so everyone knew it REALLY ticked me off in a deep, evil way, but low enough that they couldn't tell what I said. Personally I dont even know what I muttered. But it was definitly in a deep and evil way, whatever it was. I dont even know if it would qualify as words.
Then of course I'm mad at myself because I'm mad, and not only does that make me partially out of control, it ceratinly isn't going to make anyone I come in contact with feel like a bouquet of flowers now is it? so great, now i'm contributing to other peoples bad day, as if anyone needs it.
I should have just stayed home.
But I NEED to be here today, and I do have things to do, so fine, I'm here. Dag-nabbit. In this nastypoopgloomandmuggy stinking weather, I'm here: And midway through class the anxiety from being irritiated while highly caffinated finally got the better of me and I had to leave to pursue a dark corner somewhere-
I began to wanded, and found this place which is where I'm writing from now...the 5th floor womens bathroom lobby of Kell Hall. Where hardly anyone usually comes. Except, of course, the guy in the hall on his cell phone, convieniently standing RIGHT outside the door to the bathroom, and who is obviously wasting time b/c his conversation is pointless and ridiculously drawn-out. (by my standards, at least) How incredibly appropriate.

I just noticed there are lockers in here,

I wonder if I can fit in one.