BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Friday, November 18, 2005

so you think your family is dysfunctional eh?

My mother and aunt recently traveled to ElPaso, TX to visit their youngest sister Jackie a few weeks ago. As she always does, and as both of my parents have always done, she brought back presents. I'm not sure what she brought Stefan, but I was given the Catholic Rosary I've remarked a wish for at some point, and a switch plate for my bedroom light switch that was hand painted and decorated by a native of New Mexico...cool stuff, you know. Then she said my aunt Sheila had also sent me something, so I opened it to find a funky picture frame...black, with with polkadots and a little goofy lady standing at one side with a hat on, adorned with bright pink feathers. As weird as it sounds, it's actuallly kindof cute. The woman, whose legs make up the left support for the frame, is holding a sign that says "My Dysfunctional Family"...so of course I was required to grace it with a picture of non other than...well, my dysfunctional family.

And so I began perusing my stacks of photos. And all I can say for this is, a picture is worth a thousand words.





sortof scratchy from the scan, and should have been on this blog a month ago. yet, still stunningly hilarious. notice me in an elbow-lean on my dads head. his odd expression, and me, understandably confused at just who was standing beside me...

(back row from left: Uncle Buzz, Uncle Ricky, Nana and Papa; Second Row from left: Mom, Grandma Barnes, Suzanne Marie, Aunt Sheila; Third Row: Aunt Jackie, me (a really scary ballerina, wearing the tutu I put on everyday after school to dance to Mr.Rogers Neighborhood), Logan, Stefan(he always got to be the witch), and our dad in front...apparently as an albino tribesman, hence the faux tiger skin, and the hippie headband, appropriately stuffed with...rabbit fur?)