BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Monday, November 07, 2005

An obligatory blog.

ok. I get the feeling I should post something to prove I'm alive. I guess.

I have a lot of things I could rant and gripe about. Because today is not a good day. But I'm going to spare you all, even though I find online bitching to be highly therapeutic. And so you know that I'm working extra hard to be HAPPY. woo!

the dearest LAPO came to visit this weekend, which was grrrreat. Friday night Lauren, Rob, and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for margaritas and food, then returned to the hacienda for a game of "Scene It"(which I might add, I suck at) then Saturday Laur and I trekked to Stone Mountain. Saturday night Lauren and I cooked at home, and watched Wimbelton (which, I might add, sucks...eek! ok ok, for a good 30 minutes its OK), then we spent 30 strait minutes trying to get a good picture of both of us (think, two women who are equally over-analytical of their (some would say imaginary) photogenic inadequacies) and Sunday Laur departed early after a cup of joe and some morning laughs. And I'm going to SC wednesday to have a complimentary Christmas gift visit to her wonderful hair stylist, and I cannot WAIT... I might leave today!)


For the last two days my turtle Jimmy has made every effort to escape his tank. He's gotten to be pretty successful as he is right now scampering along the hallway floor, and knocking his shell against Robs closed bathroom door. He makes trips around the apt perimeter, and usually focuses on some closed door that he's sure, with enough shell ramming, will open, and reveal a magical portal to turtle-eden. And if Kris ever reads this blog, tell Will I'll pay him to build me a big tank.

And my roommate is sick. or at least he was yesterday. so I hope he's feeling better today. And I hope I dont get sick too. I've already had a bug twice this year, so I'm trying to make it to 2006 without another plague. Thank goodness I'm not in school for the flu season. I keep thinking I'll begin to miss it, but all I get are more reasons why I dont. And I will go back (actually if I dont, I'm screwed) so at some point I'll have to face reading dry and aimless scientific material, taking exams, writing essays in that horrible format called APA, and enduring the onset of school-related illnesses....people wiping their snot all over keyboards, sneezing unabashedly into the air without kleenex, and couging without covering their mouths. OR covering their mouths with their hands, then opening doors, using keyboards, and running the risk of touching people like me, who think it's all rather disgusting to have to do all that for a piece of paper that QUALIFIES me to have the ACCREDATIONS for a so-called "Better" job. damn this system is screwed up. All I want to do is learn more and help people.

A nice house and a new car would be good too.

MWAHAHAH.

peace-out