BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

the perpetual learning of awareness

The weather reminds me that fall really is here, and the parking lots remind me of my first semester in college at USCS when the oak leaves would blow down and whisk around in the wind. So I've been in Atlanta, officially, for 2 years now. That seems like a long time for me, considering in the last 5 years the longest I've stayed in one city was about 2 years...and that was when I was living with my mama. Which, I might add, would be great right now. Aside from loving my mothers company, I enjoyed a rent-free, utility bill-free, and free grocery life. Why DID I move? oh yea. to get out of yet another small town atmosphere, to stretch my arms in a big city, to be on my own, and try my hand at starting my life. but so far I still depend on my mother....one day I'll be that self sufficient woman I aspire to be. Either that or I'll win the lotto. Get me the winning ticket Lauren!

now, I'm packing to return to South Carolina. This morning there was a segment on the morning show that touched on Elder Abuse, and it happens everywhere. And my grandmother is in a place where she doesn't need to be. It's difficult for me to feel responsible and helpless at the same time.

But if she ever wondering if I loved her, she has to know now that I do, because I have to enter the firey hell of Woodruff to visit her.

Ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For thou art with me.....I hope.