BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Monday, March 11, 2013

EXHAUSTOMUNDO!!!

(damn, i think those exclamation points took the last of my energy)

my face and chest are SUNBURNED....lord a mighty. no spf could stand against a sunday so absolutely wonderful that i could only force myself to go inside long enough to trade an empty cup of coffee for a bottle of water and a few new magazines (and later, a bottle of wine, a frisbee and a fresh towel)

first day of new job made me feel like a fish out of water...this is what it's like to change careers!

can't believe i'm finally saying that after all the years i've threatened it....sortof thrilling in a holyshitdidijustdothat? kind of way

night #2 sans spouse. there are times when a night to myself is great. a hot bath, a new book, catching up with an old friend on the phone, a vampire movie i've seen 98.6 times, painting fingernails with a color i'll undoubtedly pick off only hours later...
but i do not dig extended absence. in this situation traveling with Rob (which was the original plan, before the previously mentioned decision I made) would have been equally if not more draining b/c going to WV with Rob is like being on a week-long stand-up roller coaster that you have to really hang on to lest you find yourself flying off into the wild blue yonder...and the only times in my life I've ever experienced genuine car sickness

at some point in the day, almost every day for the last few months, I find myself peering at the calendar, calculating the days until I can take a legitimate vacation. a real live honest to goodness vacation. not wedding or a honeymoon. not time off work where we're navigating the hurdles of someone else's wedding.....a 100%, out of the country (but not overseas -- that deducts relaxation points. not to mention I may just decide to stay), warm, sunny, clear water, good coffee, good wine, fresh local food, little spoken English and no cell service

(i suppose i should also be peering at a map considering my requirements. hah. but i feel better just dreaming about it)

and speaking of dreaming, i may be doing just that in about 4.26 minutes