BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Sunday, January 01, 2006

here here, new year

I left the apartment around 12:30pm yesterday and hopped on 285 to begin making my way to Columbus....about 30mins down the road I remembered I'd forgotten to drop the rent off at the office before I left. It wasn't a big deal, I'm going back today, which is the due date, so I could do it then (and I realized that as I was dropping it in the slot) but I turned around and went back. My neighbor flagged me down to inquire if we had mice, and I disclosed that we had secret mice police protecting our apt and would send them over any time she needed. Still, unsettling to know there are critters in the complex, tho not surprising.

Okay so the party was a hit, as it always is...and everyone had a great time :) I took myself to bed around 2am with a belly full of cranberry and vodka and champagne and a throat sore from laughing and talking with all the people who were here. Mom passed out gifts that denoted who was having the next party. I got Valentine cards, so we're having the V-day party, and everyone seemed really excited about coming to Atlanta and hosting their own gatherings respectively, and I'm looking forward to that :) so here I sit, slowly rehydrating, blogging, etcetera. Ready to go home.

Hopefully the next few days will involve a good mtb ride, and a little moolah from boss Vanman. Hopefully everyone had a great New Years Eve, Happy 2006 :)