BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Thursday, January 19, 2006

look at the world with a smilin eye and laugh at the devil

So tonight is the Alison Krauss concert. The Robster and I will be travelin to C-town in the next thirty minutes to see Ma and Pa and have some bluegrass fun.

The last however many days it's been since I posted have been your regular howevertheygo days, so I can't say theres a lot to talk about. I've finished reading a few books...mom gave me The Bean Trees for Christmas. A Barbara Kingsolver I had yet to have read when she gifted me with it. I was standoffish b/c I'd heard it wasn't that great, but have to say I enjoyed it...if for no other reason than finding out the origins of some of the characters I've read about in her other books. I have yet to acquire new copies of Poisonwood and Prodigal Summer. I used to loan books to people, and a few of those people just never gave them back. I guess I assume that if they want them enough to have ignored my queries (rare as they were), maybe they just liked the book that much. And that's okay with me. I'd like to have new hardbacks anyway.

Sunny day here. It was so cold this morning everyone was bundled in about 7 layers and scraping ice off their windsheilds while their cars struggled to life...the day will bring temps in the comfy upper 60's...and even better is it's always warmer in Columbus. Whenever I'm visiting down there I always tend to say something along the lines of "I do love springtime in Columbus, that's what I always miss living in Atlanta"...and it'll set Mom and Wayne off into a tangential tizzy about my getting a job there and moving back. That doubtful, but I am sortof stuck in the Ga area for a while, seeing how mom isn't likely to live anywhere else after they get married and build...and while I do want to live elsewhere, I'm inclined to stay within driving distance from my Ma. I guess that's a southern family thing...hard to part.

I've been watching a western Welcome To Hardtimes, so I'm in western mode. Its not obvious is iT?

K...gotta scramble. Supposed to leave in 20.

cheerio