BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

this is really tedious

so, can you WILL the lights to turn green?

Tuesday. Its that day of the week that leaves you feeling a bit...well...strange, I guess. It's after the first day, and before the middle. So it's in that awkward position of existing directly between the beginning of a fresh new week, and the day you start looking foward to the end. So it goes.

in a rush, I skipped the shower and spent 20 minutes straitening my hair, then put it in a pony tail--2 minutes ironing a blue blouse only to choose my wrinkled blue angora cardigan instead as I walked out the door, and I drove to school to save time, but was stuck in one of those 9:20am government-organized traffic jams that put me as late as I would have been had I just waited for the train near home- consequently I was 20mins late to my 9:30 class and then remembered I forgot to put on deoderant. I consoled my realization of being late, paying for parking, and relying on yesterdays deoderant application with the notion that "at least I have another class after this," and it was cancelled. I'm supposed to meet a friend for lunch, but I left my cell at home, so I have no idea where she'll be. Anywhere between a hotdog stand and the 11th floor of general classroom bldg...that leaves me about 3 blocks and 2500 people to sift through before I could find her without the aid of the electronic leash.

SO, my plot to guide my day through mind-control has evidently gone a bit awry. Alas, I did manage to will all the traffic lights to turn green before I had to stop on the way to the traffic jam (hah) And I'm still in excessivly good spirits but I'm not sure if it's me, or the coffee.


now I'm leaving school, driving home, retrieving my cell, adjusting deoderant levels, and taking the train back. That's what I'm going to do. I'm planning it now and it WILL happen.

mwahahah