BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Thursday, March 03, 2005

i dont get it

sometimes we find ourselves so inundated with the worries of daily life that the future becomes an overwhelming weight.

at least that's what i think. then sometimes the future seems so promising that we neglect the present...welcome to the machine

so this morning around 4 am i dreamt i was attacked from above by some strange creature as i found myself in a large body of water. and it was night time. there goes another one of my water dreams. turns out that just as the creature flogs me i managed to be brave and grab it and sling it away from me and simultaneously scream and wake up to see my cat approaching my face where i was safely hidden under the covers and pillows of my bedly womb...so there i am very freshly spooked and an animal really is invading so i grabbed her and threw her off the bed. talk about a morning. i apologized later (9ish) but i think she's so old that by then she didn't remember. but earlier when i did rise, around 7, she was sitting on the floor with her front paws crossed just looking at me like, "bitch"
..."what are You looking at?"...i said.

we have a love/hate relationship

so there began my morning. and my first class was cancelled so i'm taking advantage of the opportunity to announce my escape from the belly of a giant marmot

it was pretty scary

there was another guy in there too who had been there for years he thought. he had a pretty long beard and didn't look too good so i believed him...i offered for him to escape with me but he said he'd been in there so long he wouldn't know how to function in the outside world...weirdo...i recommended therapy

it's 10:30am thursday and its the official end of the academic week for me, alas i have a 4:30-7 class this afternoon....why me

the bus ride i went to write this, 4 a.m., this, letter