BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

I did it....

a few weeks ago as I climbed out of my car after work to head into our condo (aka 'the cave') I had that "hmmm, feel like I might get a cold" feeling....you know the one. really hard to describe. it's sortof a back-of-the-throat / sinus / head thing...weird

that night I dreamt I woke up with a cold, and the next day....you guessed it....I woke up with a cold--sore throat and everything.

I only left work early one day of last week (though I probably should have been out -completely- for two...hey, I'm no whiner...I had to go in and prove to others I could be at work sick -- if you don't at least infect one or two others you're just faking it)...seriously, there is no compassion for the cold in the workplace--all my working years (all of them. hah) I've never understood why that is.

anyway, the last few days I have suspected my cold had evolved into something that may or may not go away on it's own...I have probably had two or three true blue [bacterial] upper respiratory infections in my life--but one thing I have never had and never want to have is an ear infection, so all morning and early afternoon as I wobbled around at work thinking the floor was surely going to come up and smack me any second (there's no way I'm passing out between my office and the front desk...especially not in this dress...) I thought about it. I don't feel all that bad, but I kindof do....and finally when a trip to the boss' office seemed downright perilous, I did it

I made the call. And it was much easier than I thought it would be (or perhaps should be). I called my doctors office and told the nurse what I thought I had/needed. I even offered my very sincere rendition of why I don't think people should arbitrarily take antibiotics...I gave him multiple opportunities to turn me away, even offered to come in for a listen...nope, says he, the doctor is sick too....which pharmacy do I use

so. off to CVS I go.

(walks delicately away from computer...I wonder how driving will be?)