BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Friday, April 06, 2012

have you hugged your librarian lately?

I'll be hugging mine tomorrow!

I'm one of those people who probably references my parents and my upbringing on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times a day. Despite some pretty heavy obstacles, I, have always been able to say "I had a fantastic childhood" and I really mean I would trade NOTHING for the life I have had -- I have a lovely family in general, but I attribute almost all the credit to my parents, specifically my mom. I am who I am because of my mom. And I'd like to think I turned out pretty well.

I know a lot of daughters say this, but my mother is absolutely positively the most phenomenal woman I know. Personally and professionally. And that is only what I can put into words and try to keep to one sentence because I could write novels. Actually, anyone who knows my mom could say the same. She is exceptional beyond words.    

Mom emailed me this link today because she said it made her day. Reading it, it made mine too, because I know it's true and too often Librarians aren't given the lime light they deserve. So here it is.

Customer Care