BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

"I have been called a Luddite"

I decided that when I finished the second page of subject data I would take a break and blog for petes sake.

To begin with, I wanted to make special note that this blogger is happy :) because I get to talk about a good book. weee! So, Kurt Vonnegut published yet another O-worthy piece, A Man WIthout A Country. Geez I luv him...a million other people do too I suppose. I saw it whilst shopping for other ppls presents in Borders bookstore, and it was like I momentarily became possessed by the book demons and had to have it, all 24 dollars worth..."well, it's a hardback" is how I justified it with my budget. And I like hardbacks, so what's the fuss. It's like that $1000 pair of diamond earrings that you'll "keep forever"...hahah. But anyway, my Platinum Visa can handle it. hah. So I bought it and read the whole thing in about 3hrs.

The winter season is here tomorrow! Officially, at least. But as far as I'm concerned its cold enough to be winter. I'm all hunkered into the SNL lab processing hours of mindnumbing data into their appropriate programs and not in the least excited about leaving b/c I dread the walk to Marta, and I dread the walk to my car, and I dread sitting in my car for the 2.7 minutes it takes to warm up. I also am royally procrastinating on getting my cell phone fixed. Sue me, but it's kindof nice to not have it, but I do need it from time to time....I feel like that person who sortof wants to quit smoking, so they stop buying cigarettes, and just occasionally bums a smoke off of someone else whenever they want one bad enough to actually be an inconvienience to your random joe.

Tonight will be my last night in town with company :( Rob left today, so I'll be holding down the fort until I begrudgingly drive home for the holidays on Friday with the rest of panic-stricken consumerist America. blagh.

Wah Wah! (that "Deb" is for you LAPO...I know you feel my pain..haha)

Now, back to the processors!

With love and good wishes to everyone, this is Rach signing off...for now

Tootle-oo!