BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Circadian Rhythms

Well well well. I dont think anyone knows about this place yet. Its a secret!
I've seen today with its newsprint fray-my night is colored headache gray. Dont wake me with so much-
This morning the radio got into my dreams again. I never know when it actually comes on, eventually I wake up sometime after my previously predicted time that I, the night before, thought I'd need to get up--this morning I rolled out of bed at 7:23am and I have an 8am class. Ideally on MonWedandFri, I leave the house by 7:15 to catch the 7:30 train, but alas, the radio became my dream instead of waking me from it. Damn the radio. But it did make for a funny dream, something about the djs getting people to stay on the phone for two hours to get tickets for something. I think my mind kindof warped the actual talk show, one of the guys they called in my dream was like "I'm on my way to work, I can't say on the phone! Besides, I'm on my cell phone, that would run my bill through the roof" and the guys were just laughing "oh come on! dont you want these tickets?" And I was laying in bed thinking "I hope they dont call me"
I had set my alarm for 6:15. Good lord, what's that...an hour before I actually fell into consciousness--since I was quite late, naturally I didn't have time for coffee before class so I plodded over to a cafe between lecture and lab and had a petite mocha with an extra espresso shot before embarking on the bio lab journey. Anyway today so far is really tedious. I'm late for class again-
Chance chance chance chance
Friday bank card, yours got stuck
I loaned you a phone quarter said "good luck"
where are you now