BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Sunday

I'm sitting on the side patio listening to the birds and the trees. Henry is still sleeping and I just finished a glass of savignon blanc. Last night we had a family over. A friend of mine, her husband, and their three girls. Henry was in hog heaven. At first my husband and I were bummed that it had started raining before they got here because we had done so much to prep the yard and porches for outdoor time, but after the initial disappointment and introductions and greetings I'm pretty sure no one even noticed. The house was a buzzing circus. It was fantastic.

It rained all night and into the morning. At some point I brought Henry to bed with us and it rained more. Henry had his head buried in Robs shoulder and his feet tucked under my rib cage. The Christmas decision to buy a king bed was a good one.

The birds are singing and the trees seem greener and everything is light and lush.
The forest is happy.