BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Friday, August 22, 2014

countdown to 40, here we go!



This little dude is running out of room fast. I'm not sure where more growth can be tucked away. And even though he could come at any time now, I still hope to make it as close to 40 as possible. Some days I'm not sure how it's possible, but we shall see. If he's anything like his parents he'll wait until the last minute :) This has been (and is) such an amazing adventure that I used to just dream about! I'm going to bawl when I finally get to meet him :)

below is Henry's "progress" at about 33 weeks -- and I thought I had a good belly going on then... people tell you to "sleep now while you can"....but it seems I'm beyond the point of a full nights sleep and I wonder if we forget that once the full throttle life-with-child begins. The baby-in-tow is in control of every.single.thing. And I wouldn't want it any other way (it will be cool to be able to bend over, move around faster than a waddling snail pace, sleep on my back and return to unpuffy hands and feet...but that list is short). This has truly been a fun and fascinating ride of a lifetime.