BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GIVE NAMES TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUND, AND MAKE LOGOS FOR BAD IDEAS, AND CHANGE YOUR CAR EVERY TWO YEARS AND WAKE UP EARLY FOR CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE NO PROGRESS AT ALL / JUST A SHADOW FESTIVAL / BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THE SKY AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO EAT FOOD THAT GROWS WHERE YOU LIVE AGAIN, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO TOUCH WHAT YOU MAKE

- Robert Montgomery

Monday, February 14, 2005

On becoming a Simpson-

"no a skunk isn't a mammal..."

next biggest dumb comment I've made so far this century...it might even beat the Viking comment I made a few weeks ago. So, hence the title of this blog, I think I was secretly born as Jessica Simpsons (fraternal) twin sister (ERGO, minus the looks)...I DID, however, learn my ABCs at an early age so they put me up for adoption- sigh

Well, it all started because we, Rob, Laura, and I, were talking at dinner about the rat that got into my apt one sultry Thursday afternoon. The discussion had turned to rodents, and Laura said "what I want to know is, what is a skunk? Is it considered a rodent?" and we queried over it for a few seconds before Rob said "well, it's a mammal...isn't it?" quickly followed by my ridiculously unthought-out retort, and in a very condesending tone as if Robin was such a young naive thing (wait, but isnt he? haha jk) he didn't know a skunk wasn't a mammal...then reality stepped in just as pride from being the "intelligent" member promptly stepped out-

then the conversation turned to the platypus...which, I've found (see Platypus), really IS a mammal (Mammals for Dummies), contrary to our Saturday night groups decision. But it lays eggs, which makes it difficult for the conceptually challenged to...well...conceive. Why are we conceptually challenged, you might ask? Well, by the end of our discussion we had affirmed that the Platypus wasn't a mammal, but perhaps it was a family by itself, then decided that no, the Platypus wasn't a family by itself, but perhaps it was a Marsupial....I mean, COME ON...where were our brains...to think that we, as students at WHS (which I realize might not be saying much as it is) we were actually considered ADVANCED students. YeEsH!

ok, so for the record, the Platypus AND all Marsupials are indeed mammals. we're now clear on that. Whew.

Then, this afternoon, contrary to apparent lack of knowledge, I took an exam in my college sexuality and society class, where sex has become even more UN-conceptual than whether a skunk is a rodent or not...and while I think I did well, we'll just have to wait and find out...)

Happy Valentines Day to all you Cupid fans :)

Peacery-